A baby can’t fight. It’s supposed to have a mother and a father, a family that will protect it, care for it, love and fight for it. But what if the baby has no family?
When I first saw Michael (not his real name) I was shocked. Being born 3 months premature, he weighed only 850 grams – if I’d been allowed to hold him, he would have fit in the palm of my hand. He stayed 3 months in an incubator where he became sick with pneumonia and was put on a respirator. We visited him in the hospital regularly, to pray for him and talk to him, even though I wasn’t sure he could hear me through the incubator cover. He was on oxygen for 3 months, and we were told he could be blind and would likely have serious lung damage. Would we still like to take Michael into our family? Of course we would!
This year Michael turned 11 years old. While still small in stature, he is a happy healthy energetic little boy. He plays soccer, with a kick that packs a punch. He loves to sing and dance, and even plays the drums. He loves to worship and minister in churches and villages. Michael is observant and detailed, and so he makes a great photographer.
The little boy who doctors thought would be blind and sickly is now a healthy, secure, confident, compassionate, well rounded little man. God truly does answer prayer!
The Home of Joy is a small orphanage in Chiang Mai that exists simply to provide for true orphans who have been abandoned between the ages of birth and two years old. We endeavor to meet their physical, spiritual, and emotional needs in a caring, family environment until they reach adulthood.
Here are just a few ways you can get involved in serving at Home of Joy:
- We need volunteers (long and short term) who can spend time with our children running camps or summer programs or who can teach swimming, computer, English, and drums during Oct. and April/May school break times
- Thai volunteers who can tutor the children with their homework
- We also need people who can pray regularly for our ministry, and people who would like to do fundraising from overseas.
We need :
- Prayer that our children would meet God in personal ways and that emotional healing would come for those entering their teen years.
- 1 male volunteer caregiver to commit for 2 years
- donations toward increased tuition costs for children entering middle school
($625 US/year/child for 6 children still needed)
- tutoring costs for 2 children with learning disabilities ($12 US/session-16 sessions/month)
- increase in regular monthly supporters
- special projects:
septic tank replacement additional $980 US still needed
raising the roof of our car port $350 US
making a study area for our children $385 US
teams to repaint our house and donations toward paint $350 US
Financial donations can be sent to:
P.O. Box 61700
Honolulu, HI 96839 USA
Or by PayPal: kathyhoj[at]gmail.com
สำหรับคนไทยที่อยากช่วยสนับสนุนค่าใช้จ่ายของบ้าน หรือ พี่เลี้ยง สามารถถวายมาได้ที่
Siam Commercial Bank ( ธนาคารไทยพาณิชย์ )
Thapae Branch ( สาขา ท่าแพ )
Project L.I.F.E. Foundation (Home of Joy)
ชื่อบัญชี มูลนิธิโครงการเพื่อชีวิต (บ้านชื่นชมยินดี)